Big Towel Care
WASHING YOUR BIG TOWEL
You can check the care tag attached to each Big Towel for some basic washing instructions. However, if you’d like to keep your microfibre towel as ultra-absorbent, soft, and antibacterial for as long as possible and don’t want to damage the unique properties of suede microfibre, you should do as follows:
- The Big Towel is a very large towel, so washing on it’s own may be inevitable but we do recommend doing so anyway.
- Wash your microfibre towel in a cold wash (20-30° degrees Celcius or 68-86° Fahrenheit) with detergent only.
- Specialised microfibre detergents or perfume-free detergents are available and these would be preferable, though not essential.
- Do not use fabric softener or bleach
- Use a delicate cycle, if possible
- Hang to dry
- Do not iron
Basically, microfibre towels are made up of small fibres that help to collect residue, dirt, water droplets, etc. effectively. If you expose these towels to extreme heat, those tiny fibres can be destroyed and the material can lose its effectiveness. That’s why it’s important not to iron or tumble dry your microfibre towel in high heat. Let’s try and keep those fibres firm.
DETERGENTS & FABRIC SOFTENERS
Mild detergent is recommended to keep the microfibre towel’s unique properties intact. It’s best to use a mild detergent or a specialised detergent and avoid using fabric softeners simply because you want to increase the longevity of your towel and not contribute to gradual fibre breakdown by using intrusive cleaning products.
NOTE : The Big Towel canvas carry bags should be hand-washed only.